Nothing But Fluff

Life can be a serious affair. It feels good now and then to talk fluff. There are simple pleasures that are worth mentioning. Here you can read funny stories, happy thoughts, favorite recipes, and any other fluff that I dream up. (Some posts were originally published on MySpace).

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

Shallow, I'm not. I ponder almost everything. Every book I read or movie I watch evokes something to discuss. I thrive on learning and growing to be a better example. Uncaring, I'm not. I'm a sincere friend, a loving mom, and a caring daughter. Apathetic, I'm not. I'm extremely passionate, especially about doing the right thing. I speak up in classes, tutor others, talk to strangers in stores, and love deeply. Boring, I'm not. I write essays, letters, poetry, and some fiction; take classes; cook from scratch; ride horses; ice skate; play with my dogs; go to the beach for a picnic; go out for Sushi; watch classic movies; read non-fiction, autobiographies, classic literature, and young adult novels; and get to know people on the inside. Reserved, I'm not. I speak openly about my past, candidly about my present, and enthusiastically about my deepest dreams for the future. Because I ask an enormous amount of questions, have an excellent memory, and listen well, not a day goes by that I don't learn something. Yet, I'll never claim to know it all.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

MYSPACE: [May 6, 2007] A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE

[May 6, 2007] A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE
Current mood: content
Category: Life

Of course, once the pro showed up, Paul no longer wanted to sell his race bike. He had a blast. Both men were wired, so the teacher could talk to Paul the whole time he rode around. Christopher and I got to listen to all Doug told Paul as they rode around. It was fun. The weather was better too. Yesterday, was dreadful. It was windy with dust devils in the air and at one point, we were pelted with small rocks. I was glad the Mercedes was at home. I do not want to live in Pahrump, Nevada. Cough, cough, choke. Paul liked the track a lot. Although it chews up his tires more, it had way more twisties, which is what he likes best. Doug was a nice guy and Paul went around undoing all he said yesterday. Paul admitted he had jumped to the wrong conclusion. Doug was a lovely man and so supportive of Paul. He praised him constantly as they rode around. Doug was very positive. Paul did a good a job and made improvements. All around, it was a good day for him.

I thought more about that camping trip to Pine Mountain Lake. I remembered one other funny moment. My grandmother woke up one morning and couldn't find her bottle of antacids. She ate a lot of Di-Gel tablets and needed one every morning. Grandma Sue was hard of hearing and often didn't know she was talking too loudly. She walked out of her tent and called for my mom first thing in the morning. "Emily. Emily. Where's my bottle? I can't find my bottle."

My mother was mortified. Great, she thought. Now, everyone in the whole camp is going to think the old lady's a lush.

We laughed for years over that one, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home